Monday, August 14, 2006

Blood and Butter

God truly loves us…He gave us the cow.

I love cows now. I mean, I liked cows before, but now I think I appreciate food animals a lot more when I made the decision to become a carnivore. (And I don’t mean that “LOL I love animals because they’re tasty” crap.) I sincerely am grateful for the sacrifice these creatures make for the sake of my health.

But on to steak. My favorite cut? Why, the boneless ribeye of course! This particular cut is so tender and so juicy that cooking it beyond rare is not necessary (or advisable). Try to choose a steak (or any meat) with as much fat as possible. Ask the butcher is they’ll refrain from trimming the fat. Here’s a recipe:

Ingredients:

1 boneless ribeye steak
kosher salt
pepper
unsalted butter

Directions:

Turn on broiler. Let it heat up for a few minutes, you want it nice and hot. Place steak on pan or tin-foil.

Sprinkle a couple pinches of kosher salt on steak (Not too much, this salt isn’t fine-grained. One pinch does nicely for me). Shake some pepper on steak.

Put in broiler, I like to do about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove steak; put on plate. Try to make sure the fat is sizzling. (I like to have the meat rest for about 3-4 minutes, but you can do whatever you prefer.)

Place 2 tablespoons of butter on hot steak.

Enjoy.


I wish I could afford to eat that every day. Yum.

2 Comments:

At August 14, 2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous sockerpinglan said...

Haha and *ouch*

Why do you make me think of the poor friendly big soft-eyed sacrifizing cow, like jesus giving us salvation when he died for us?

I like cows too. I like to eat the meat. ribeye steak is great ( thanks for the recipe!)

But i don´t want to think about the poor cow when i´m eating the poor thing.
Yes i´m soft. Yes i used to be a vegitarian.

Now i will sleep and forget about the cow! And it´s big sad eyes....

 
At August 15, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Sweet Tart said...

Yummy rib eye! Your recipe sounds great. I try to remember that simple is better with the good cuts! Usually I grill mine nice and rare.

I absolutely appreciate the cows that give their lives for us. I've recently made a commitment to avoid feedlot beef whenever possible. I'd like the beef I'm eating to have a decent life before it's sacrifice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home